David M. Schulman's Resume
Front-end web development, responsive web design, web accessibility (WCAG), UX/UI design, web analytics, server administration, search engine optimization, digital marketing strategy, email marketing, content creation
Languages & Techologies
University of the Sciences
Lead Web Developer
2015 - Present
- Designed and developed numerous award-winning websites including major campaign landing pages, funnel-driven micro-sites, and an online version of USciences’ alumni magazine, among many other projects.
- Developed and launched the university’s online learning initiative, USciences Online, evolved the presence as the online university grew in enrollment and programming, and as our enrollment strategy grew in complexity.
- Conceptualized, coded, and deployed new website features, functional improvements, third-party integrations, and template designs leveraging XML/XSLT to support university admissions, marketing, and institutional goals.
- Managed web team and performed lead implementation duties during the university’s website transition to the OUCampus CMS platform, meeting critical deadlines and milestones throughout the 16 month-long process.
- Generated functional documentation for usability of all new web projects to allow for cross-team training.
Francisvale Home for Smaller Animals
2014 - 2015
- Redeveloped the Francisvale shelter’s web presence, modernized Wordpress CMS codebase, improved animal adoption matching system, re-crafted web content, and promoted the shelter via SEO and SEM campaigns
The Quixote Center
Web Developer and Designer
2014 - 2015
- Recovered data and key assets from the non-profit’s malware-infected database, redesigned and rebuilt the center’s Wordpress website to better support the organization’s mission of spreading literacy and social justice
BenefitPackages Insurance Agency
Lead Web Developer
2013 - 2016
- Provided web development, design, online content, social media strategy, and support services in the creation of multiple Wordpress sites including CAMedicare.com, BenefitPackages.com, and CoverageCA.com
- Leveraged strong SEO campaigns, design split testing, and email marketing to promote lead generation and attract users seeking information about the Affordable Care Act and purchasing health insurance in California
- Authored dozens of healthcare-related articles, marketing materials, and visually re-branded client’s business
Senior Web Specialist
2011 - 2013
- Supported a portfolio of hundreds of agency clients as a web development and technical support liaison, handling web projects across a variety of software platforms, eventually transitioning to a business strategy role
- Directed the creation of a web development and technical support team at an Inc. 500 marketing agency based in Los Angeles, elevating the company’s ability to deliver competitive services in a rapid-growth online industry
- Established training programs for customer service teams and generated documentation repository of materials
Awards & Honors
- Educational Advertising Award, Merit - USciences Website (2018)
- CUPPIE Award, Gold - ‘Tuition Reset’ PR Campaign Website (2018)
- CUPPIE Award, Bronze - ‘Proven Everywhere’ Campaign Website (2016)
- B.A., Journalism
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification #73459754